Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
How much may I give each year?
* Birthday gift $10-$100
* General gift $10-$100
* Family gift $10-$1000
* Graduation gift in final year $10-$2000
Friday, June 3, 2011
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Friday, May 13, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
When I write letters - about every 6-8 weeks - I grab something from the bin and put it in along with the letter. Whatever is left over goes to my daughter and the neighbor kids. Here's how to find the items above in the Oriental Trading catalog:
- Make-a-Fish Aquarium Stickers - $2.99 per dozen
- Bird Sticker Books - $5.99 per dozen
- Design your own Noah's Ark Sticker Scenes - $4.99 per dozen
- 3-D Space Sticker Books - $9.99 per dozen
- ***NOTE: These are expensive -- and the 3D effect isn't great. If I had to order again, I would go with...
- Make Your Own Solar System Stickers - $2.99 per dozen
- "God's Greatest Gift" Color Your Own Stickers - $2.99 per dozen
- Make A Racecar Sticker Sheets - $2.99 per dozen
Monday, January 31, 2011
- Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Philippians 3:13-14 I forget the past and strain ahead for what is still to come. I am racing for the finish, for the prize to which God calls us upward to receive in Christ Jesus.
- Isaiah 40:31 Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
- Matthew 7:7 Ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened unto you.
- Psalm 118:24 This is the day that the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Oldies, but goodies.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Here is the Easter letter we're sending out to our younger sponsored kids. We are including:
- "He Lives!" make-a-scene stickers from Oriental Trading, with paper;
- "Color Your Own Cross" fuzzy pictures from Oriental Trading;
- Pics of our daughter decorating Easter eggs;
- DLTK's free make your own custom writing paper in an Easter theme.
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
- Pics of a recent snowstorm
- Penguin stickers and paper (from the Oriental Trading catalog)
- A letter on penguin and igloo-themed stationery from the DLTK website -- make your own free customized writting paper -- http://www.dltk-cards.com/writingpaper/
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Someone on the "Letter Writing Ideas" page over at the Compassion Blog came up with a GREAT idea!! (Hi Donna!) :) Send a folder to your child so he or she has something to keep letters and gifts in.
The standard-size folder exceeds Compassion's size limit. One idea is to cut the folders down to size. Cut an inch or two off the top and an inch or two off the right hand side. Then staple the pockets closed again.
This is what we did for one of my daughter's art projects and they are really sweet. See pics above!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Here is the letter we sent. It's just an idea if you're feeling stuck about what to write. It's kind of an easy and fun letter to put together.
Click on the images below to see them better. (Use the back arrow to get back to this page.)
Friday, August 20, 2010
Thursday, July 8, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010
To find out more about this, join OurCompassion and sign up with the "Encouragement and Hope" group. They have all the info on where to send your letters.
My daughter and I made some cards/bookmarks to send. We'll put them in an envelope along with some stickers. I hope the kids like them!